Global digital content operations specialist leads the way just 4 years from inception.
Four years ago today, an innovative idea became reality as Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) was launched to help organizations manage their digital content, and the activities that take place
around that content. Much like parent company Prime Focus, PFT’s story began in a garage. Through hard work, technical foresight and a highly skilled and dedicated team, the company was grown quickly from three people with a vision into a 500-strong technology leader, in a field so new and advanced it is still being defined.
PFT has come a long way in a short space, below are some of the key milestones in this incredible journey:
- The first contract win – a project for Indian public service broadcaster Doordarshan.
- The development of cricket’s first Taxonomy for a major archive and digitisation project, for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- The production, live streaming and creation of Video on Demand (VoD) packages for the Indian Premier League (IPL) for delivery to both YouTube and IPL’s Mobile Internet platform.
- CLEAR™, the groundbreaking hybrid cloud platform for content operations from PFT, was named as the ‘Best of IBC2010’, and was praised for its innovation and cost efficiency by the editorial team of the IBC Daily magazine.
- The deployment of the world’s first integrated, multi-platform content operations infrastructure specifically for broadcasters at STAR TV, one of Asia’s largest broadcasters, to manage their end-to-end digital HD workflows.
- Enabling Indian broadcasters to create same day playlists for their international feeds for the first time as part of an anti-piracy initiative.
- The launch of the world’s first Domain Centric Cloud (DCC) to connect broadcasters with content suppliers and playout origination centres.
PFT would like to thank its entire staff for their dedication and hard work, and its clients for their support, and
looks forward to achieving many more milestones in the next four years.
There is no related post.