CLEAR Live is a New Media Production tool for producing and delivering Live & VoD stream productions. It helps deliver custom VoD packages from live video feeds to new media platforms (including web, mobile, IPTV and Catch upTV) within three minutes, creating an opportunity for new revenue streams from web and mobile consumers for sports, news, broadcast and reality entertainment content. Content owners can now make content available on Catch up TV soon after the show goes on air and leverage the web and mobile mediums for new revenues and additional promotion.
CLEAR Live offers the following:
• Clip production and delivery to websites or Service Delivery platforms within 3 minutes of live feed
• Metadata associated with the clips
• Suitable Ad Insertion points within the clip as a separate data feed for placement of adverts during play-out of the clips. Graphics and advertising can also be integrated into the edited content as pre and post rolls
• A fully redundant architecture ensures availability of the service at all times. Combined with automation and reporting, the platform enables high-speed content delivery and also streaming to global locations
Prime Focus Technologies (PFT) has partnered with Global Cricket Ventures to produce and deliver live streaming and Video on Demand (VoD) packages for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2010 tournament to both YouTube and IPL’s Mobile Internet platform.CLEAR Live was used to produce and deliver:
• Playout and monitoring services for the IPL Fun Feed channel on YouTube
• VoD clips to the IPL Mobile Internet platform (www.m.iplt20.com) just 30-45 seconds after the live event
• Edited highlight packages from Match, Fun Feed and Live webcasting of the IPL match feeds to YouTube
To read more about how CLEAR Live was used for IPL 2010, please click here.